by Robyn Chuter
Are you sick and tired of the diet merry-go-round?
Are you confused by all the contradictory dietary advice out there?
Have you ‘tried it all’… but you’re still struggling with your weight?
Then read on – I have some good news for you!
High-carb, low-fat diet/high-fat, low-carb diet/high-protein, low-carb diet/blood type diet/meal replacement shakes/fat blocking pills… and on and on it goes.
I don’t blame you if you’re feeling confused about what to eat to lose weight! So instead of burdening you with yet another ‘diet’, I want to suggest a radical new idea:
Why don’t you forget about losing weight, and focus on gaining health?
You see, being at your ideal weight is just a happy side-effect of being in optimal health. Take care of your health, and your body will take care of your weight.
Taking care of your health means:
- Eating foods that supply an abundance of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytochemicals) that your body needs to function at its peak level;
- Doing exercise that you enjoy, that strengthens your heart, lungs and muscles while helping you de-stress;
- Getting enough good quality sleep for your body to detoxify, heal, re-charge and rejuvenate; and
- Nurturing yourself (body, mind and spirit) with appreciation and self-acceptance, even if you’re not ‘there’ yet.
When it comes to food, the most important concept that I have to share with you is that of
nutrient per calorie/kilojoule density
Forget about counting calories or micromanaging your intake of protein, fat and carbohydrate; instead, put your focus on how much nutrition each calorie delivers… how much nutritional bang you get for each calorie buck.
Eating the high-nutrient way allows you to
- Eat as much as you need to feel satisfied;
- Conquer cravings for unhealthy foods;
- Break out of the vicious circle of insulin resistance – abdominal weight gain – more insulin resistance – more abdominal weight gain; and
- Lose weight easily without losing your energy (or your mind!)
I also use EFT to help clients bust out of the craving trap, break through their resistance to exercise, and knock out unhelpful beliefs that lead to self-sabotage, such as
“I don’t deserve to reach my ideal weight.”
“I wouldn’t feel safe if I reached my ideal weight (I’ll get more attention from the opposite sex, my chubby friends will be jealous, I’ll lose all my excuses for not making other positive changes in my life etc).”
“I’ll feel deprived if I don’t have my favourite foods.”
Thanks to the power of EFT, it really can be easy to replace your bad old habits with healthy new ones!
My intensive program for overcoming emotional eating, food addiction and poor body image, The LEAN Program, incorporates a high-nutrient diet and intensive training in the use of EFT to address the beliefs and feelings that stop you from losing weight and keeping it off for good.
The LEAN Program is a completely new approach to weight loss – instead of counting kilojoules and restricting portion size, you will discover:
- How to choose foods that reduce cravings;
- How to tell when you’re truly hungry and when you’ve had enough to eat – and easily stop eating at that point; and
- How to transform your relationship with your body and with food, so that healthy eating just comes naturally to you, with no sense of deprivation.